free web tracker

Thursday, January 22, 2009

4 Months Later

It turns out something did come of my viewer comment to the Tyra Show.

I left class today to find that I had a missed call and a new voice message, so I checked it. It was a woman calling me from the Tyra Show and she asked that I call her back. When I returned her call she said that they were going to be doing a show about the controversy of black women chemically altering their hair and she asked if I'd be interested in going on it.
I was shocked that they even called me so I wasn't too quick on my feet with reponses to her slew of questions, but I told her I was interested. She proceeded to ask me about my opinions on the subject, quoting what I had written. She was probing to see just how adamant I am and make sure that I would be willing to repeat these thoughts to other guests and Tyra Banks in person.
After talking to her she asked to add me as a friend on either facebook or myspace so she could see what I look like. She also asked my height and weight. I think she was trying to figure out if I'd be TV worthy.
Now I'm waiting to hear back. The last I was told, she had "a couple more people to talk to first" then she would get back to me.
At that point I realized that I had just been interviewed, rather than selected, to be on the show. Suddenly I feel like I'm waiting to find out if I got the job, or if they are just going to hire someone more interesting instead.
Regardless of the outcome, I think it's pretty cool that this happened at all.
On the down side, getting chosen means getting an inside peek at how TV shows are really run, and just like finally getting a job at your favorite store it's doomed to lose some of its sparkle. It will no longer be a mystery. I'll get to see the wizard. Is this good or bad?
I'll let you know. . . if I get the job.

Until next time sports fans.

2 comments:

The Woman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Adam said...

so, um, i like-a you blug, er. uh bloggy ...


i'll see you at the club, where we can shoot pool.


me you and shamickqua ... even though she hates you .